How to Install?
The SmartBox controller module is designed in such a sleek and robust form that it can be easily tucked away in various tight spots inside the cabin. OBD-II Data Cable and Varex Muffler Motor Power Cable can be concealed inside the suitable inner panels, which makes the whole set-up hidden away and not being intrusive.
The module needs to be connected to the following devices.Read More
- 12V socket via power cable
- Varex Exhaust Valve Motor via power cable
- Your vehicle’s OBD-II Port via ODB-II cable
- Smartphone* via Bluetooth®
- Connect the OBD-II cable to the OBD-II Port in the vehicle by plugging the dongle to the port;
- Connect the RJ12 (Square adaptor) to the Smart Box Control Module;
- Conceal the cable inside suitable panels if possible;
- Connect the power cable to the SmartBox Control Module;
- Conceal the cable inside suitable panels or carpet if possible;
- Connect the power cable to the Varex muffler motor;
- Conceal the power cable inside suitable panels or carpet if possible;
- Connect the External GPS Antenna;
- Conceal the Externa GPS Antenna cable along with the pillar trim, attach the antenna receiver on the inner surface of the windscreen using double-sided tape.
How to use it
- Start the engine;
- Open the Smart Phone App;
- Waiting for the Smart-Phone App to connect to the SmartBox Control Module;
- Once the connection is established, start using the App to operate or make a change to the setting of the Varex Exhaust.
- Once the setting is completed, the App can be closed or left open according to the user’s preference.
- By pressing on the reset button using a small pin it can move the exhaust valve to close and open position in a sequence.
- By holding the reset button using a small pin for longer than 10 seconds until the blue LED indicator flash quickly, it will reset to the factory default settings.
How to you the Smartphone app?
- Manual Mode
- Matix Mode
- Setting Mode
Product disclaimer and Notes
- The VAREX Smart Box might not work with some of the Varex Mufflers.
- The VAREX Smart Box will not work with non-VAREX mufflers or variable exhaust valves.
- The Matrix Mode in the VAREX Smart Box only works when the vehicle is equipped with OBD-II.
- We will offer a refund upon return of product in original condition, in the case of a non-functioning product.
- The RRP can be changed without notice.
USE THIS APPLICATION ONLY WHEN TRAFFIC CONDITIONS PERMIT, AND SHOULD NOT BE USED BY THE DRIVER WHEN DRIVING THE VEHICLE. SAFE VEHICLE OPERATION IS THE DRIVER’S RESPONSIBILITY.